We received this cartridge with a damper issue and a worn out diamond tip. Koetsu damper do wear out with time and induce a stiffness in the damping system. This induce much lower compliance and tracking issues. This is a Koetsu Rosewood Signature meaning that it is a version with a higher specification, particularly more closely matched coils than the Koetsu Rosewood standard. This particular cartridge is still using original coils thus its particular value.
- thoroughly clean of the cartridge internally and externally
- rebuild the damper in order to get get back the original VTF (2,0 g) and compliance (5 x 10 – 6 cm/dyn)
- adjustment of the coils and setting of the coil former in optimal position for best channel separation and of course optimal balance between right and left channel
- fitting of a new cantilever and diamond tip identical to original
After repair we measured the following specifications :
- output level : 0,4 mV
- nominal Vertical Tracking Force : 2,0 g
- tracking : > 80 micron / 20 mN / 315Hz lateral
- compliance : 5 x 10 – 6 cm/dyn
- impedance : 4,3 ohms
- mass : 9 g
- original boxing
- ncantilever protector
- Koetsu packaging is reduced to minimal with no manual, no screw sets, no allen keys or screwdriver
This Koetsu Rosewood Signature is after repairs as close as possible to Mint condition and fully functional with specifications as close as possible to original state. It looks brand new, feels brand new and sound at least as good as new.
A few words about this Koetsu Rosewood Signature
This is certainly the best price/quality Koetsu available in the range of Koetsu.