Ideal sound pick-up
The record has more than 600 different section issued from the original and unique groove of 120μ and irregular spacing depending on the signal, so it is important that the groove be traced consistently from the outside to the inside.
The ideal sound pick-up is:
- The tonearm doesn’t move when tracing.
- Light and smooth when moving the groove.
- Only the vibration of the stylus is transmitted to the coil.
In addition, ideally, the record is cutting in a straight line, so the trajectory should be the same when tracing.
- 1.0 kg in weight to reduce micro-motion
- Light and smooth movement with less than 0.1g of air float
- Absorbs unwanted vibration and external noise with an air film of 0.01mm
- Traced in a straight line on the same trajectory as the cutting machine
The AFU1-2 was developed with the above concept in mind, it traces precisely from the outside to the inside of an irregular record.
AFU1-2 can be installed with the dimensions shown in the diagram. (Or add a platform for the AFU1-2)
Please check the position of the turntable and tonearm.
High-quietness Air Pump
The air pump that floats the tonearm is a motorized system. It provides vibration-free compressed air for long-term, stable operation. In addition, a double-sealed soundproofing system ensures that it remains quiet enough to be placed in a listening room.
*Air pump POU1 is included.