- Built-in step up transformer
- Programmable gain and loading
- Accepts both balanced and unbalanced input signals on RCA and XLR connectors
- Switches ground plane with input selection preventing ground loops
- Balanced and unbalanced output
- Programmable ground arrangement for large systems
- Programmable absolute phase per input
- Choke input rectifier for lowest switching noise
- Shunt regulated constant current PSU for lowest noise and best dynamic behaviour
- Modular construction
- Microprocessor controlled
- Interlocking solid aluminium chassis
The input stage is a super low noise D3a German Post tube used as a triode. Loaded by a constant current cascode it provides the necessary gain and output impedance to feed the custom passive LCR RIAA correction following it.
The equalization is passive and the next stage is another super low noise tube loaded by a transformer to bring the signal up to the necessary level and provide complete isolation of this sensitive circuit from the following components.
The filter is out of any gain loops and sits between the two gain stages protected from any unpredictable influences.
The equalization is realized through the use of constant impedance LCR filters using coils wound with OFC wire and silver capacitors.
This way the input stage sees a constant load, making its behavior predictable at any signal level.