Cleaning fluid is applied to the rotating record surface and manually brushed into the grooves of the record to agitate dirt and contaminants. The vacuum arm traverses across the record producing a powerful vortex vacuum which effortlessly extracts the contaminated waste fluid out of the record grooves which is deposited into the external waste jar.
The PRC4i is equipped with a double-ended pump system which provides an impressive suction capacity of 28 litres per minute. With a pump mounted at either end of the vacuum motor it delivers a high vacuum performance whilst emitting a lovely balanced sound. The new double pump design ensures that even heavily contaminated or warped records will be thoroughly cleaned.
The main spindle and bearing are precision made and housed in a robust phosphor bronze case to make good use of the high torque motor. Bearing spindle and motor are designed for long life and importantly provide a considerable drive force to the platter to aid the cleaning process. The cleaning vacuum arm has precision horizontal and vertical yoke bearings for precise arm movement and is driven across the vinyl record by a custom made gearing system. The vacuum arm yoke bearings are the highest grade and designed to prevent ingress contamination from cleaning fluids. The platter can rotate in forward (clockwise) and reverse (anti-clockwise) directions for thorough cleaning of the record grooves, a unique feature as dirt can be driven into the record grooves by a playing stylus. Cleaning in both directions of the groove provides optimum cleaning performance.
- Very quiet in operation, forward and reverse platter rotation
- Designed for 7, 10, 12 & 16 inch records
- Record ready to play straight after cleaning
- Clean and dry in less than two minutes per record side
- Brush designed to work cleaning fluid into the grooves, loosening contaminants
- Suction vortex generated between nozzle and record surface for efficient vacuum cleaning
- Soiled cleaning fluid and contaminants extracted and collected in transparent waste jar
- A bottle of L’Art du Son concentrate and an application brush is included, enough to clean about 1000 LPs
- Dimensions: W: 550mm D: 410mm H: 322mm
- Weight: 17.37 kg (unit only)