Phasemation developed its tonearm cables bearing in mind the electric particularities and singularities of a phono cartridge. To link your tonearm with your phonostage or step-up there are different possibilities of connector used. Most tonearm have a 5 pin mini din plug leading to RCA connectors, but Phasemation is a firm defender of fully balanced transmission of the signal that can be used with the Phasemation T-500 step-up transformers, EA-500 and EA-1000 phono stages as well as with the My Sonic Lab Stage 1030 XLR step-up or Thrax Orpheus phonostage.
Here is a simple explanation of the process : each coil of a MC cartridge generates electricity. The reverse phase signals (push-pull signal) are generated at the output of the coil, therefore, a balanced operation is performed. With this process, balanced transmission allows to minimize losses that are transmitted up to the phonostage or step-up.
5 pin min DIN connectors, RCA or XLR from your tonearm can allow balanced transmission of the signal. In the case of using RCA connectors as output tonearm connectors, it is true that apparently you are using unbalanced structure(RCA connectors) as a source but the RCA connectors coming straight out of a tonearm are not shorted to the ground.With the inherent structure of Phasemation range of tonearm cables you will be able to keep a balanced transmission.
Particularities of the Phasemation CC-1000 range of phono cables :
- high quality DLC (Diamond Like Coated) connectors to insure perfect electric insulation and durability of finish (like on the Phasemation phono cartridges)
- high quality earth plug
- special wire for preventing the cord form being cut when removing the 5 pin DIN connector from the tonearm when you cannot get a grip of the connector
- a shield box of a special structure designed to gather the shield wires which are required to achieve a balanced transmission with a 2-wire shield cable when converting RCA to XLR
- low capacitance (< 15pF) and low resistance proprietary Phasemation cable
- additional shielding treatment
- 1.15 m long cable
CC-1000 range of phono cables :
CC-1000D : 5 pin mini DIN tonearm connector to XLR connectors (true balanced transmission output from the cartridge to the phonostage)
CC-1000R : RCA tonearm connectors to XLR connectors (true balanced transmission output from the cartridge to the phonostage)
CC-1000XX : XLR connectors everywhere (true balanced transmission output from the cartridge to the phonostage)
CC-1000DR : 5 pin mini DIN tonearm connector to RCA connectors (pseudo balanced transmission output from the cartridge to the phonostage)
CC-1000RR : RCA connectors everywhere (pseudo balanced transmission output from the cartridge to the phonostage)