Only available fo FRANCE.
4 reasons that makes a PTP Audio Solid turntables so special
1. It is idler drive and not any idler drive as it is based on the legendary designs from the Lenco brand. Whereas Garrard, Thorens, Clément use an horizontal idler wheel, the PTP Audio turntable uses a vertical idler wheel, a clever design that allow also fine adjustment of speed of rotation
2. The Solid9 is a perfect mix of old and new. It uses the vintage drive system of a Lenco L75 is mounted in an ultra modern chassis built from solid Corian and stainless steel and made to the tightest tolerances using modern CNC and lasercutting technologies.
3. PTP Audio is not a mass producer. They take the uttermost care when building a turntable. Owner Peter Reinders services all Lenco parts and assembles, tests and tunes each individual turntable himself. His long experience and expertise make all the difference.
4. Each turntable is made to order, optimised for the arm(s) of your choice. Various options are available, be it color, dust cover, mats and feet. Just choose the options available below !
Another good reason that makes the PTP Audio Solid turntables even more special ?
Peter Reinders designed a brand new bearing that is called the Solid Bearing. Here are the mains facts of this new bearing
1. The housing of the bearing is CNC-machined from solid stainless steel.
2. The spindle is resting on a perfectly round, perfectly smooth ruby ball, which in turn sits on a very slippery, durable POM thrustplate. The result is a much lower noise floor, bringing clearly audible improvements in quietness, imaging and overall solidity.
Actually we never sold any PTP Audio turntable without the Solid bearing but you can use the original Lenco bearing.
Other good reasons to give a try for a PTP Audio Solid turntable ?
Well of course you can first visit the website of PTP Audio (http://www.ptpaudio.com/) which will give you precise insight on his vision of audio. It also has links on magazine reviews (http://www.ptpaudio.com/magazine-reviews.html) and owners opinions (http://www.ptpaudio.com/owner-feedback). I am also a daily user of Solid 9 turntable with a CB Schröder tonearm and I can tell you this is an extremely good player that got some raving reviews from French magazine Haute Fidélité.
If you are still not convinced and you live in France or neighbouring country then maybe you can persuade me to come and demonstrate one of these beautiful turntables in your set-up ?
Specifications for Solid 9
- Idler drive
- 400x500x50mm solid Corian plinth
- Two part 4mm stainless steel top plate
- Separate motor plate for maximum isolation
- Polished 4kg die cast aluminium platter
- High torque AC induction motor
- 33 and 45 rpm selector
- Exchangeable Corian armboard in the color of the plinth
- Suitable for arms with a spindle to pivot distance between 200mm and 250mm
Each turntable is built and tuned up to order. Delivery schedule is of a maximum of 8 weeks following your order.