You were searching for unique tonearm built by expert builder Frank Schröder but you do not want to bother with the complexity of the Schröder Referenz tonearm series, than the CB series tonearms are what you should aim for. Built around unique geometrical and mechanical approaches, combined with tight tolerance building and carefully chosen materials, the CB tonearms will allow you to unleash the full potential of your cartridge. If you are aiming for a romantic, colored tonearm : than do not choose the CB tonearms for this purpose. The CB tonearms were designed to minimize sonic coloration of the tonearm in order to allow you to listen to all the inflexions of your records, your cartridge and your turntable. And by the way, CB stands for Captive Bearing.
- Neutral balance mass distribution: no force acting upon the arm externally will cause the arm to be deflected, hence the cartridge to generate a signal.
- The bearings and bearing topology yield unprecedented low friction/stiction figures for an arm utilising ball bearings: <2mg vertical, < 3,5mg lateral required to move the arm. These are worst case figures, typically they are even better.
- For comparison: Technics EPA 100: 4mg vertical, 7mg lateral.
- The bearing is very durable, unlike jeweled unipivots for instance.
- The lateral movement is magnetically damped.
- The CB carbon armwands feature a unique, multi-layer, multi material design that combines extreme stiffness with very high internal damping. Among the materials is an inner Teflon channel for the wiring which greatly reduces dielectric and eliminates eddy current losses.
- The wooden wands feature even higher internal damping and an even greater range of choices regarding the effective mass of the arm, therefore the proper match with the cartridge of choice.
- Various cartridge mounting plates allow for changing effective mass too, combined with a choice of mechanical impedance matching with a given cartridge.
- The counterweight allows for an adjustable degree of de-coupling from the armwand.
- Zero contact skating compensation.
- The arm collar requires a single mounting bolt only. In it, the shaft is secured so that it is impossible to rock sideways.
- Vertical movement is limited to practical range so that the arm/cartridge can’t be dropped onto the plinth.
- Wiring is single run, cryogenized 6N copper with a unique geometry. The total capacitance of the cable is around 40pF per side(full distance is 1,4m). Output length of the phono cable is 1m.
- It can handle every cartridge, even “difficult” ones, like Deccas, Tzar DST, Ikeda cartridges due to the particular mechanics and the various effective masses available for the CB tonearm.
- Effective mass of the carbon CB tonearm carbon is as follow in combination with the following cartridge mounting plates : phenolic 13g / certal : 14g / brass : 19g
- Effective mass of the CB tonearm with wood armwand in combination with the different mounting plates ranges between 10g and 25g.
- Do not hesitate to contact us to get the optimal combination for ideal matching of the CB tonearm with your beloved cartridge.
- Delivery of the Schröder CB tonearms will be done within 8 weeks after order.